Are you living in Nigeria or travelling through the country and looking for an Ecotourism adventure? Get out of town and explore Africa’s fabled rainforest first hand, just two hours from Calabar. Monkeys, bushbabies, golden cat, pangolins, duiker, count- less bird and butterfly species can be seen close to the doorstep of our cabins. The deep forest beyond harbours forest elephants, buffalo and chimpanzees.
• Day trips in the forest, birding, mammal spotting.
• Cool down in our river’s natural swimming hole.
• Night walk to see shy nocturnal wildlife: bushbabies, pottos and tree civets
• Village life by day (kai kai distillery, palm oil processing, local market) and village life by night!
• Visit the viewing platform to see Red Capped Mangabey monkeys, and learn about our release programme
• Adventure hike (3 days) into the rainforest, close to the border of Cross River National park
…or simply relax with a book and soak up your surroundings.
If you wish to book a longer term international holiday with a difference, please see our Short Term working holidays and Internships scheme
Download leaflet (left) for all handy Rhoko ecotourism information in one place!